Health Tip: Anxiety Disorders Can Cause Physical Problems
Here are some complications
(HealthDay News) -- Anxiety disorders may be mental health conditions, but they can cause a number of physical problems.
The University of Maryland Medical Center lists these physical complications that can arise from anxiety disorders:
- Heart disease.
- Risk factors for heart disease, including thickened blood vessels, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems.
- Respiratory conditions, including asthma.
- Allergies, including food allergies, hay fever, eczema and other allergic conditions.
- Mother's Depression Tied to Later Delinquency in Kids
December 22, 2014
- Holiday Trimmings Can Trigger Allergies
December 20, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.