Health Tip: Anxiety Disorders Can Cause Physical Problems
Here are some complications
(HealthDay News) -- Anxiety disorders may be mental health conditions, but they can cause a number of physical problems.
The University of Maryland Medical Center lists these physical complications that can arise from anxiety disorders:
- Heart disease.
- Risk factors for heart disease, including thickened blood vessels, high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal problems.
- Respiratory conditions, including asthma.
- Allergies, including food allergies, hay fever, eczema and other allergic conditions.
- Overconfident Folks May Blind Others to Their Real Abilities
August 27, 2014
- One Part of the Brain Doesn't Age, Study Suggests
August 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.