Health Tip: Manage Your Migraines
Lifestyle changes can help ease the misery
(HealthDay News) -- A migraine commonly causes an overwhelming, throbbing pain on one side of the head. Other symptoms may include nausea, vision problems, and a heightened sensitivity to sound and light.
While your doctor may prescribe medication to prevent or ease migraine symptoms, the womenshealth.gov website says lifestyle changes also may ward off these painful episodes. The site offers these suggestions:
- Learn what triggers your migraines, and limit these factors as much as possible.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, regardless of day of the week.
- Don't skip meals, and choose healthy, nutritious foods.
- Exercise regularly.
- Cut back on caffeine and alcohol.
- Do your best to manage stress.
- Pain a Common Problem for People With COPD
May 21, 2013
- Favorite Music May Ease Anxiety in ICU Patients
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.