Health Tip: Protect Newborns From the Sun
Suggestions to prevent burns in babies less than 6 months
(HealthDay News) -- A newborn's sensitive skin is particularly vulnerable to sunburn, so parents should be extra cautious.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these suggestions to prevent sunburn in babies less than six months:
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible.
- Dress baby in a lightweight, long-sleeved top and long pants.
- Put baby in a wide-brimmed hat to shield the face.
- If you can't keep baby out of the sun, apply a small bit of sunscreen to the face and the backs of baby's hands.
- Health Tip: If Your Child is Constipated
April 18, 2014
- Health Tip: Avoid Diaper Rash
April 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.