Health Tip: Why Some Women Can't Sleep
Insomnia more common in women than in men
(HealthDay News) -- Insomnia is more common in women than in men, the Womenshealth.gov website says of the common sleep disorder.
According to the site, here's what may trigger more sleepless nights among women:
- Hot flashes, night sweats and other symptoms of perimenopause.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Physical changes during pregnancy, including discomfort and increased frequency of urination.
- Depression and anxiety, which tend to be more common in women.
- Physical conditions that tend to affect women, such as fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome.
- Herceptin Best for Certain Breast Cancer Patients, Study Says
September 30, 2014
- Drug Gives Big Survival Boost Against Type of Advanced Breast Cancer
September 29, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.