Health Tip: Don't Deny Your Diabetes
Take care of its symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- "Not me" is a common response to a recent diagnosis of diabetes, the American Diabetes Association says.
But ignoring your illness and refusing active treatment can do nothing but make your condition worse, the association says.
Here are the ADA's suggestions for confronting denial head-on:
- Create a care plan with clear and realistic goals.
- Seek the help of a diabetes educator or registered dietician.
- Get family and friends involved in keeping you motivated.
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
December 10, 2014
- Free Clinics Run by Med Students on the Rise
December 09, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.