Health Tip: Calm a Colicky Baby
Here are some suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Babies that cry frequently for hours at a time and are fussy for reasons you or your doctor can't explain may have colic.
While doctors don't know what causes colic, and there is no known cure, the Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions to help calm a colicky baby:
- Walk with baby, rock in a chair or try other positions to see if any of them make baby happy.
- Burp baby frequently during feedings.
- Place baby across your lap, belly-down, and rub baby's back.
- Place baby in a swing or seat that vibrates, or put baby in an infant carrier and go for a ride in the car.
- Play soothing music.
- Run the vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, clothes dryer or white noise device to see if this calms your baby.
- Probiotic Drops Might Ease Colic: Study
January 13, 2014
- Preemies' 'Excessive' Crying Tied to Risk of Behavior Problems Later
January 07, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.