Health Tip: Does Your Child Have Rickets?
Signs of vitamin or mineral deficiency
(HealthDay News) -- Rickets is a condition caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium or phosphorus. Symptoms may include weak or deformed bones.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common warning signs of rickets include:
- Poor muscle tone.
- Delays in growth and development.
- Widened bones in the ankles or wrists.
- Bowing of the legs.
- Stooped posture.
- Deformities in the ribs or chest, which could trigger lung infections.
- Health Tip: Have Jaw Pain?
August 19, 2014
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
July 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.