Health Tip: Does Your Child Have Rickets?
Signs of vitamin or mineral deficiency
(HealthDay News) -- Rickets is a condition caused by a deficiency of vitamin D, calcium or phosphorus. Symptoms may include weak or deformed bones.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common warning signs of rickets include:
- Poor muscle tone.
- Delays in growth and development.
- Widened bones in the ankles or wrists.
- Bowing of the legs.
- Stooped posture.
- Deformities in the ribs or chest, which could trigger lung infections.
- Health Tip: Spot the Signs of a Fractured Thumb
December 17, 2014
- Jakafi Approved for Chronic Bone Marrow Disease
December 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.