Health Tip: Stay Away From Fad Diets
For instance, quick weight-loss schemes
(HealthDay News) -- "The bottom line is simple: If a diet or product sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
That advice is courtesy of the American Dietetic Association, which warns that you should avoid any diet plan that promises the following:
- Loss of more than 1 pound a week. Fast weight loss probably robs you of muscle and bone.
- Unlimited amounts of a particular food, while restrictions are placed on other foods.
- You'll lose more weight if you eat foods in specific combinations.
- Strict menu options, with little choice or variation.
- No reason to exercise while dieting.
- Health Tip: Make Healthy Foods Taste Better
May 22, 2013
- Health Tip: Help Children Eat Healthier
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.