Health Tip: Insufficient Sleep Can Be Dangerous
Here's how it affects your health
(HealthDay News) -- A good night's sleep does much more than help you stay awake through a long day. It actually helps protect your health.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists these problems that can arise as a result of insufficient sleep:
- Increased risk of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Greater likelihood of becoming obese or overweight.
- Increased risk of developing depression.
- Added risk of getting into a motor vehicle accident because of "drowsy driving."
- Scientists Find New Way to Observe 'Good' Brown Fat
April 17, 2014
- Crunchy or Smooth? Food's Texture May Sway Perception of Calories
April 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.