Health Tip: Insufficient Sleep Can Be Dangerous
Here's how it affects your health
(HealthDay News) -- A good night's sleep does much more than help you stay awake through a long day. It actually helps protect your health.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists these problems that can arise as a result of insufficient sleep:
- Increased risk of chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Greater likelihood of becoming obese or overweight.
- Increased risk of developing depression.
- Added risk of getting into a motor vehicle accident because of "drowsy driving."
- Older Cars a Bad Choice for Younger Drivers
December 19, 2014
- Some Blood Types Might Raise Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
December 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.