Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training
Here's why it may be good for you
(HealthDay News) -- Cross training involves many different types of exercises, making your fitness routine more fun and beneficial.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says benefits of a cross-training program may include:
- Toning the entire body because of the variety of activities.
- Better likelihood of sticking with your exercise routine.
- Better preparation of muscles for new exercises, and working more muscle groups.
- Reduced risk of overuse injury.
- In case of injury, you may still be able to perform some of your usual exercises, with some modifications.
- Health Tip: Exercise While Watching Television
August 29, 2014
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
August 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.