Health Tip: Benefitting From Cross-Training
Here's why it may be good for you
(HealthDay News) -- Cross training involves many different types of exercises, making your fitness routine more fun and beneficial.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says benefits of a cross-training program may include:
- Toning the entire body because of the variety of activities.
- Better likelihood of sticking with your exercise routine.
- Better preparation of muscles for new exercises, and working more muscle groups.
- Reduced risk of overuse injury.
- In case of injury, you may still be able to perform some of your usual exercises, with some modifications.
- Stroke Prevention Guidelines Emphasize Healthy Lifestyle
October 29, 2014
- Health Tip: Seniors Shouldn't See Exercise as a Chore
October 28, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.