Health Tip: Controlling Your Diabetes
How tight control of blood glucose can benefit your health
(HealthDay News) -- Tight diabetes control means carefully managing your meals, exercise and medication to ensure that your blood glucose levels are stable.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these potential benefits of tight diabetes control:
- Lower risk of diabetic eye disease, kidney disease and nerve disease.
- Reduced risk of any existing diabetes complications getting worse.
- Increased energy levels and simply feeling better.
- More flexibility with meal schedules.
- Reduced risk of birth defects in offspring if you become pregnant.
- Some Blood Types Might Raise Type 2 Diabetes Risk: Study
December 18, 2014
- Progress Still Needed on 'Race Gap' in Older Americans' Health
December 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.