Health Tip: Stay Safe and Healthy During Travels
Wash hands often, choose foods carefully, among other suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- When you're on a trip, don't forget to pay attention to your health and protect yourself from illness or injury.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists these safe travel tips:
- Protect skin with a sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection.
- Wear insect repellent, as well as long-sleeved pants and shirts to protect against bug bites.
- Wash your hands often, and drink only bottled water in areas where tap water may not be safe for drinking.
- Choose foods carefully.
- Limit alcohol intake and protect yourself in a car and on the water.
- Don't touch animals or pets you don't know.
- Distracted-Driving Deaths of Pedestrians, Cyclists Up in U.S., Study Finds
November 29, 2013
- Holiday Health and Safety: Another List to Be Checking Twice
November 28, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.