Health Tip: Stay Safe and Healthy During Travels
Wash hands often, choose foods carefully, among other suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- When you're on a trip, don't forget to pay attention to your health and protect yourself from illness or injury.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lists these safe travel tips:
- Protect skin with a sunscreen that offers both UVA and UVB protection.
- Wear insect repellent, as well as long-sleeved pants and shirts to protect against bug bites.
- Wash your hands often, and drink only bottled water in areas where tap water may not be safe for drinking.
- Choose foods carefully.
- Limit alcohol intake and protect yourself in a car and on the water.
- Don't touch animals or pets you don't know.
- Enforcement of Drunk Driving Laws Makes Roads Safer, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
- New York's JFK Airport Begins Screening Passengers for Ebola
October 11, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.