Health Tip: Manage COPD Symptoms
Suggestions for living with the lung disease
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term for chronic lung diseases that can severely undermine breathing. Examples include chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute offers these suggestions for helping you manage COPD symptoms:
- Avoid things that are irritating to the lungs, such as cigarette smoke, air pollution, chemical fumes and dust.
- Work with your doctor for ongoing care and treatment. Continue to take COPD medications exactly as prescribed.
- Be prepared for a health emergency. Contact your doctor if symptoms worsen.
- Discuss with your doctor any COPD-related anxiety, depression or stress.
- Many Young Adults Misinformed About Hookahs' Harms
July 19, 2014
- Moustaches, Home Oxygen Tanks Can Be Dangerous Match
June 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.