Health Tip: Recognizing Strange Behavior
When it becomes cause for concern
(HealthDay News) -- If a family member or loved one begins to display strange behavior, an underlying health issue could be responsible, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
The agency mentions these potential causes of unusual behavior among the elderly:
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Hypothermia, dehydration or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
- Electrolyte imbalance.
- Injury to the head, blood clot, stroke or heart attack.
- Being in an unfamiliar place.
- Certain medications.
- Thyroid disorder.
- Storm Chasers: Born to Be Wild?
May 24, 2013
- Too Few Kids Use Fast-Food Calorie Info, Study Finds
May 23, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.