Health Tip: Recognizing Strange Behavior
When it becomes cause for concern
(HealthDay News) -- If a family member or loved one begins to display strange behavior, an underlying health issue could be responsible, the U.S. National Library of Medicine says.
The agency mentions these potential causes of unusual behavior among the elderly:
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Alzheimer's disease.
- Hypothermia, dehydration or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
- Electrolyte imbalance.
- Injury to the head, blood clot, stroke or heart attack.
- Being in an unfamiliar place.
- Certain medications.
- Thyroid disorder.
- Want to Stay Slim? Leave the Car at Home
August 20, 2014
- Many With Schizophrenia Say They're Happy: Study
August 19, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.