Health Tip: Should I Check My Blood Sugar?
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- While anyone with diabetes is encouraged to check their blood sugar (glucose), frequent checks are more of a necessity for some people.
The American Diabetes Association says the following people should check their blood glucose levels frequently:
- Anyone who uses insulin or medication to treat diabetes.
- People who are undergoing intensive insulin therapy.
- Pregnant women with diabetes.
- Anyone with difficulty regulating blood glucose.
- People who have very low blood glucose or diabetes-related ketones.
- Anyone whose blood glucose tends to drop without warning.
- Getting Healthier a Big Money-Saver for People With Diabetes
August 21, 2014
- Health Tip: Reducing Your Chances of Heart Disease if You Have Diabetes
August 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.