Health Tip: Should I Check My Blood Sugar?
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- While anyone with diabetes is encouraged to check their blood sugar (glucose), frequent checks are more of a necessity for some people.
The American Diabetes Association says the following people should check their blood glucose levels frequently:
- Anyone who uses insulin or medication to treat diabetes.
- People who are undergoing intensive insulin therapy.
- Pregnant women with diabetes.
- Anyone with difficulty regulating blood glucose.
- People who have very low blood glucose or diabetes-related ketones.
- Anyone whose blood glucose tends to drop without warning.
- Heartening Drop in Diabetes Complications Seen Among Seniors
December 10, 2013
- Health Tip: Traveling for the Holidays With Diabetes
December 06, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.