Health Tip: Dispose of Medications Safely
Here are suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Medications that are expired or no longer needed shouldn't be dumped down the sink or toilet, the U.S. Home Safety Council warns. Doing so could pollute our water, making animals and other people sick.
The council offers these suggestions for the safe disposal of medication:
- Remove the label from the bottle, then place the bottle inside a sealed plastic bag.
- Throw the sealed bag in the garbage, and keep pets and children away from this trash.
- If you need to dispose of pills, grind them up first. Mix the crushed pills into used coffee grounds, sand or cat litter.
- Many Stop Taking Rheumatoid Arthritis Meds Too Soon: Study
June 14, 2013
- Which Women Might Benefit From Drugs to Prevent Breast Cancer?
June 13, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.