Health Tip: Get a Better Night's Sleep
Don't rely on a pot of coffee to keep you awake
(HealthDay News) -- Instead of turning to a pot of coffee to keep you awake during the day, experts say you should focus on getting better sleep at night.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these suggestions for more restful sleep:
- Wake in the morning and go to bed at night at the same time.
- Relax before bedtime.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable, dark, cool and quiet, and do nothing in your bedroom other than sleep and have sex.
- Avoid eating, exercising and consuming caffeine within a few hours of bedtime.
- Don't smoke, and avoid alcohol just before bed.
- Make sure your mattress and pillows are comfortable.
- Health Tip: Creating the Right Bedroom
July 09, 2014
- One in 25 Reports Falling Asleep at the Wheel: CDC Report
July 03, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.