Health Tip: Don't Let Menopause Get You Down
Suggestions to help ease mood changes
(HealthDay News) -- Menopause is a behavioral roller coaster for some women, who experience a host of emotions including mood swings, fear, depression and irritability.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to ease moodiness associated with menopause:
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night, and stick to a regular sleep and wake schedule.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes almost every day of the week.
- Limit how many activities you take on.
- Find ways to help manage stress.
- Seek support from friends, a peer group or get counseling.
- Talk to your doctor about medications and therapy options to help you manage menopause symptoms.
- Relax by reading a book, or treat yourself to some quiet time.
- Kids: An Rx for Menopause's Hot Flashes?
October 31, 2014
- No Testosterone Therapy for Healthy Women, New Guidelines State
October 03, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.