Health Tip: Don't Let Menopause Get You Down
Suggestions to help ease mood changes
(HealthDay News) -- Menopause is a behavioral roller coaster for some women, who experience a host of emotions including mood swings, fear, depression and irritability.
The womenshealth.gov website suggests how to ease moodiness associated with menopause:
- Make sure you get enough sleep each night, and stick to a regular sleep and wake schedule.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes almost every day of the week.
- Limit how many activities you take on.
- Find ways to help manage stress.
- Seek support from friends, a peer group or get counseling.
- Talk to your doctor about medications and therapy options to help you manage menopause symptoms.
- Relax by reading a book, or treat yourself to some quiet time.
- More Painkillers May Raise Heart Risks for Older Women: Review
July 08, 2014
- PMS Not Linked to Hot Flashes Later, Study Finds
June 05, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.