Health Tip: Dine Out the Healthy Way
Suggestions for eating right
(HealthDay News) -- Decadent dishes and hefty portion sizes can be tempting at a restaurant, but you can enjoy your meal without derailing a healthy diet.
The American Dietetic Association suggests how to make healthy choices when dining out:
- Opt for an entree salad or other healthy dish that includes something from each of the main food groups.
- If choosing a sandwich, top it with fresh vegetables and low-fat condiments or salad dressings.
- Choose healthy side dishes, such as a baked potato topped with vegetables, a side salad, or some fruit. Skip the fries.
- Choose low-calorie dishes.
- Eat only a portion of your meal, saving the rest for later.
- 'Tis the Season of Challenges for Those With Food Allergies
November 22, 2014
- Health Tip: Make Holiday Beverages Healthier
November 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.