Health Tip: Watch for Signs of Scoliosis
Common symptoms in children
(HealthDay News) -- Scoliosis, characterized by an abnormal curvature of the spine, usually develops during childhood.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these warning signs of scoliosis in children. The academy says parents should start to monitor for these symptoms, starting at about age 8:
- Shoulders that appear uneven.
- Shoulder blades that appear very prominent.
- Waist that appears uneven.
- Hips that are elevated.
- Posture characterized by leaning to one side.
- Top-Ranked Golfer Beats Scoliosis
May 24, 2013
- Scoliosis Treatment Might Reduce Need for Surgeries
April 19, 2012
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.