Health Tip: Watch for Signs of Scoliosis
Common symptoms in children
(HealthDay News) -- Scoliosis, characterized by an abnormal curvature of the spine, usually develops during childhood.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these warning signs of scoliosis in children. The academy says parents should start to monitor for these symptoms, starting at about age 8:
- Shoulders that appear uneven.
- Shoulder blades that appear very prominent.
- Waist that appears uneven.
- Hips that are elevated.
- Posture characterized by leaning to one side.
- Braces Seem to Benefit Many Kids With High-Risk Scoliosis
September 19, 2013
- Top-Ranked Golfer Beats Scoliosis
May 24, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.