Health Tip: Skate Safely
In-line skating suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Before your kids lace up their in-line skates, make sure they're prepared.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to reduce the risk of injury while in-line skating:
- Make sure your child is always wearing protective equipment.
- Skate carefully, and make sure to allow plenty of room for stopping.
- Stick to the right side of the sidewalk or path, and pass on the left side.
- Don't skate in areas where the ground is uneven or where there is traffic.
- Always yield to pedestrians, and follow all traffic rules.
- Want to Stay Slim? Leave the Car at Home
August 20, 2014
- Fitness May Boost Kids' Brainpower
August 19, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.