Health Tip: Manage Your Stress at Work
Suggestions to keep it under control
(HealthDay News) -- Job-related stress affects your work performance and can spill over into your personal life. So, learning how to manage stress at work can help you both at home and on the job.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to manage stress at work:
- Keep a running, prioritized "to-do" list of tasks.
- Let your boss know if you feel overwhelmed.
- Don't blow a problem out of proportion.
- Leave work-related problems at the office -- don't bring them home.
- Schedule short breaks throughout the work day, particularly when you start to feel stressed.
- Keep your desk organized and clear of clutter.
- Exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
- Reward yourself for a job well done.
- Recognize when it is time to look for a new job.
- Civilians in War Zones Also Suffer Mental Health Problems: Study
April 10, 2014
- Your Mentally Stimulating Job May Help Keep You Sharp in Retirement
April 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.