Health Tip: Warning Signs of Vision Loss
Do you have trouble seeing, even while wearing glasses?
(HealthDay News) -- If you have trouble completing everyday tasks because you can't see well enough -- even while wearing prescription glasses -- you may have what the National Eye Institute calls "low vision."
The institute says while some vision loss is natural as we grow older, low vision is not a normal symptom of aging.
Here are warning signs of low vision:
- Having trouble recognizing friends' and relatives' faces.
- Having problems performing tasks that require you to see things up close, including sewing, reading or cooking.
- Having difficulty matching clothing or distinguishing colors.
- Having trouble around the house because the lights don't seem as bright as they once were.
- Having difficulty reading road and street signs or store-front signs.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor.Diana Kohnle Related Articles
- Health Tip: Struggling With Sight
March 03, 2014
- Eye Condition in Preemies Hints at Risk for Later Disabilities
February 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.