Health Tip: Warning Signs of Vision Loss
Do you have trouble seeing, even while wearing glasses?
(HealthDay News) -- If you have trouble completing everyday tasks because you can't see well enough -- even while wearing prescription glasses -- you may have what the National Eye Institute calls "low vision."
The institute says while some vision loss is natural as we grow older, low vision is not a normal symptom of aging.
Here are warning signs of low vision:
- Having trouble recognizing friends' and relatives' faces.
- Having problems performing tasks that require you to see things up close, including sewing, reading or cooking.
- Having difficulty matching clothing or distinguishing colors.
- Having trouble around the house because the lights don't seem as bright as they once were.
- Having difficulty reading road and street signs or store-front signs.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor.Diana Kohnle Related Articles
- Nearsightedness Linked to More Schooling
June 27, 2014
- Health Tip: Care for Contact Lenses
June 13, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.