Health Tip: Caring for Your Mouth After Tooth Extraction
Don't smoke, rinse carefully are two suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Proper care of the mouth after a tooth extraction can ease pain and promote better healing.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Don't smoke.
- Rinse your mouth carefully, avoiding vigorous rinsing.
- Don't drink through a straw.
- Ease pain by applying a cold rag or a bag of ice.
- Brush and floss teeth regularly, taking care to avoid getting too close to the socket.
- Could Poor Dental Health Signal a Faltering Mind?
December 10, 2013
- Health Tip: Battling Bruxism
November 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.