Health Tip: Exercise to Help Your Heart and Lungs
Aerobic exercises include walking, swimming, running, biking and hiking
(HealthDay News) -- Regular aerobic exercise -- including walking, running and swimming -- is key to better cardiovascular and lung health.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these possible benefits of aerobic exercise:
- Helps maintain a healthy body weight
- Helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Helps increase endurance.
- Helps manage stress.
- Helps ensure better sleep.
- Grueling X-Country Ski Race May Affect Heart Rhythm
June 12, 2013
- Heading Soccer Balls Tied to Damaging Brain Changes
June 11, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.