Health Tip: Make Kids' Lunch Interesting
Pack healthy meals they'll enjoy
(HealthDay News) -- Kids may turn thumbs down at many healthy lunch choices, but if parents get creative, they can prepare healthy lunches that their children like.
The American Dietetic Association offers these suggestions for healthy lunches that kids will enjoy:
- Create a colorful wrap, instead of a sandwich on ordinary white bread.
- Stack sandwich fillers on little crackers, instead of bread.
- Pack a veggie- and protein-filled salad topped with nuts, cheese or beans.
- Wrap lunch meat around a cheese stick for a bread-free wrap.
- Make sandwiches in fun shapes using a favorite cookie cutter.
- Obese Girls Prone to Poorer Grades, Study Suggests
March 11, 2014
- Health Tip: Encourage Independence Among Preschoolers
March 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.