Health Tip: Children May Have PTSD
Symptoms may differ from those in adults
(HealthDay News) -- Children who witness or are involved in a tragedy may have symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, although symptoms may differ from those in adults.
The U.S. National Alliance on Mental Illness mentions these potential warning signs of PTSD in children:
- Having difficulty controlling emotions and reactions.
- Having trouble beginning and maintaining relationships and friendships.
- Having low self-esteem.
- Having problems keeping up in school.
- Many Obese U.S. Kids Think They're Thinner Than They Are
July 23, 2014
- Keep Your Teens Safe on the Road This Summer
July 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.