Health Tip: Children May Have PTSD
Symptoms may differ from those in adults
(HealthDay News) -- Children who witness or are involved in a tragedy may have symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, although symptoms may differ from those in adults.
The U.S. National Alliance on Mental Illness mentions these potential warning signs of PTSD in children:
- Having difficulty controlling emotions and reactions.
- Having trouble beginning and maintaining relationships and friendships.
- Having low self-esteem.
- Having problems keeping up in school.
- More Evidence Breast-Feeding Lowers Child's Risk of Infections, Allergies
September 02, 2014
- Family Meals May Defuse Cyberbullying's Impact, Study Says
September 01, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.