Health Tip: Why Do I Have High Cholesterol?
Factors that raise your risk
(HealthDay News) -- High cholesterol may be triggered by a number of factors, many of which you can control.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute cites these risk factors:
- Eating foods that contain too much fat and cholesterol.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Having a genetic condition called familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Statins May Help Kids With Genetic Cholesterol Disorder
September 09, 2014
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
August 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.