Health Tip: Why Do I Have High Cholesterol?
Factors that raise your risk
(HealthDay News) -- High cholesterol may be triggered by a number of factors, many of which you can control.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute cites these risk factors:
- Eating foods that contain too much fat and cholesterol.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Having a genetic condition called familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Niacin Doesn't Reduce Heart Problems, May Create Some, Research Finds
July 16, 2014
- Cholesterol Levels May Be Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
July 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.