Health Tip: Why Do I Have High Cholesterol?
Factors that raise your risk
(HealthDay News) -- High cholesterol may be triggered by a number of factors, many of which you can control.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute cites these risk factors:
- Eating foods that contain too much fat and cholesterol.
- Being overweight or obese.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Having a genetic condition called familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Frequent Dining Out Might Widen Your Waistline, Study Finds
October 17, 2014
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
October 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.