Health Tip: Use Your Home Gym Safely
Suggestions to help avoid injury
(HealthDay News) -- A home gym is a convenient way to get in your daily workout, but you still have to take precautions to stay safe.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these safety guidelines:
- Start out slowly, gradually increasing the duration and intensity of your workouts.
- Pay attention to your form and technique, making sure you're using the machines correctly.
- Always warm up and cool down.
- If you have pain, adjust the equipment to make your workout less strenuous. Also, take a day off and rest.
- Shivering, Like Exercise, May Help Boost Weight Loss
February 05, 2014
- Fitness Club Best Place for Cardiac Arrest Survival: Study
August 07, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.