Health Tip: Use Your Home Gym Safely
Suggestions to help avoid injury
(HealthDay News) -- A home gym is a convenient way to get in your daily workout, but you still have to take precautions to stay safe.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons mentions these safety guidelines:
- Start out slowly, gradually increasing the duration and intensity of your workouts.
- Pay attention to your form and technique, making sure you're using the machines correctly.
- Always warm up and cool down.
- If you have pain, adjust the equipment to make your workout less strenuous. Also, take a day off and rest.
- Fitness Club Best Place for Cardiac Arrest Survival: Study
August 07, 2013
- Red Wine Supplement May Block Benefits of Exercise in Older Men
July 25, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.