Health Tip: When a Doctor Should Evaluate Diaper Rash
Signs that medical attention may be needed
(HealthDay News) -- Diaper rash is usually easily treated and isn't a cause for concern. But severe cases may require a doctor's care.
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these warning signs that diaper rash should be evaluated by a medical professional:
- If the rash occurs before 6 weeks of age.
- If the rash is accompanied by ulcers, pimples or a fever.
- If the infant also has weight loss and a poor appetite.
- If the rash is characterized by large bumps.
- If the rash spreads to other areas.
- If the rash doesn't improve after a week of treatment.
- More Kids Getting Donor Organs, But Gaps Persist, Study Finds
May 22, 2013
- Sleepless Nights May Hurt School Performance of Kids With Asthma
May 21, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.