Health Tip: When a Doctor Should Evaluate Diaper Rash
Signs that medical attention may be needed
(HealthDay News) -- Diaper rash is usually easily treated and isn't a cause for concern. But severe cases may require a doctor's care.
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these warning signs that diaper rash should be evaluated by a medical professional:
- If the rash occurs before 6 weeks of age.
- If the rash is accompanied by ulcers, pimples or a fever.
- If the infant also has weight loss and a poor appetite.
- If the rash is characterized by large bumps.
- If the rash spreads to other areas.
- If the rash doesn't improve after a week of treatment.
- Health Tip: Keep Kids Away From Corded Blinds and Shades
December 10, 2013
- Kids' Liver Transplant Success Varies by Race, Research Shows
December 09, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.