Health Tip: When a Doctor Should Evaluate Diaper Rash
Signs that medical attention may be needed
(HealthDay News) -- Diaper rash is usually easily treated and isn't a cause for concern. But severe cases may require a doctor's care.
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these warning signs that diaper rash should be evaluated by a medical professional:
- If the rash occurs before 6 weeks of age.
- If the rash is accompanied by ulcers, pimples or a fever.
- If the infant also has weight loss and a poor appetite.
- If the rash is characterized by large bumps.
- If the rash spreads to other areas.
- If the rash doesn't improve after a week of treatment.
- Spotting Hearing Problems in Infancy May Boost Reading Skills in Deaf Teens
November 26, 2014
- Parents Need to Take Lead on Teen Concussion Prevention
November 25, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.