Health Tip: Protect Against Sports Injuries
Prepare yourself to play
(HealthDay News) -- Sports are fun and a great way to exercise, but you can get hurt if you don't take precautions.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to reduce your risk of sports injuries:
- Get a complete physical exam before you begin playing any sport.
- Wear the proper shoes, equipment and other gear for your particular sport.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Warm up before you play.
- Practice regular, gentle stretching.
- Allow yourself to recover from an injury before resuming your sport.
- Human Brain Has Coping Mechanism for Dehydration
July 25, 2014
- Female Triathletes May Face Health Problems Such as Incontinence
July 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.