Health Tip: Protect Against Sports Injuries
Prepare yourself to play
(HealthDay News) -- Sports are fun and a great way to exercise, but you can get hurt if you don't take precautions.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to reduce your risk of sports injuries:
- Get a complete physical exam before you begin playing any sport.
- Wear the proper shoes, equipment and other gear for your particular sport.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Warm up before you play.
- Practice regular, gentle stretching.
- Allow yourself to recover from an injury before resuming your sport.
- Adults Over 45 Not Meeting U.S. Muscle Strengthening Guidelines, Study Says
September 19, 2014
- Health Tip: Creating a Circuit Training Workout
September 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.