Health Tip: Mouthguards Protect Your Smile
Less risk of broken teeth or tissue damage during physical activity
(HealthDay News) -- A mouthguard is a custom-made or off-the-rack device that protects your teeth and mouth from a potential blow during sports or exercise.
The American Dental Association mentions these benefits of wearing a mouthguard:
- Reduced risk of breaking or chipping a tooth.
- Protection against losing a tooth from injury.
- Protection against oral nerve damage.
- Reduced risk of soft tissue injuries to the inside of the cheeks, tongue or lips.
- Oral Health in Women of Childbearing Age Needs Improvement
September 19, 2014
- Health Tip: Limit Foods That Can Damage Teeth
September 09, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.