Health Tip: At Risk of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Here are potential causes
(HealthDay News) -- Carpal tunnel syndrome involves swelling of a nerve in the wrist that extends into the hand. It can cause pain and weakness, and is typically caused by repetitive motions over a long period of time.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says these activities may cause carpal tunnel syndrome:
- Typing at a computer, especially if the workstation is not set up correctly.
- Working on an assembly line.
- Using vibrating tools or hand tools.
- Playing certain musical instruments.
- Steroid Shots a Temporary Fix for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Study
September 03, 2013
- Health Tip: Coping With Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
December 28, 2012
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.