Health Tip: Keeping a Food Diary
Suggestions for what to record
(HealthDay News) -- Keeping a food diary can help you stick to a healthy diet, develop healthy eating habits and monitor caloric intake, which are important in maintaining a healthy weight.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these tips on what to record in your food diary:
- Exactly what foods you ate -- don't forget to include any condiments, sauces or other extras.
- The amount of food that you ate, in either size or volume.
- What time of day that you ate, and where you were when you ate.
- What you were doing when you ate, and how you felt when you were eating.
- Whether you were alone or with someone else.
- Health Tip: Bake a Healthier Holiday Treat
December 19, 2014
- Poor Students Eat Healthier Foods at School, Study Finds
December 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.