Health Tip: Coping With Nasal Congestion
What adults can do
(HealthDay News) -- Nasal congestion, commonly called a stuffy nose, can affect breathing, hearing and sleep.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests ways to ease nasal congestion in adults:
- Take a decongestant or antihistamine to help alleviate stuffiness.
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer to make the air more humid.
- Use a saline nasal spray.
- Drink more fluids, such as chicken soup, broth or hot tea.
- Keep your head elevated when you sleep.
- Use a nasal strip that helps ease breathing by opening the nostrils.
- Study: Pollen Allergies May Raise Risk for Blood Cancers in Women
December 04, 2013
- New Push by Doctors to Limit Antibiotic Use in Kids
November 18, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.