Health Tip: Coping With Nasal Congestion
What adults can do
(HealthDay News) -- Nasal congestion, commonly called a stuffy nose, can affect breathing, hearing and sleep.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests ways to ease nasal congestion in adults:
- Take a decongestant or antihistamine to help alleviate stuffiness.
- Run a humidifier or vaporizer to make the air more humid.
- Use a saline nasal spray.
- Drink more fluids, such as chicken soup, broth or hot tea.
- Keep your head elevated when you sleep.
- Use a nasal strip that helps ease breathing by opening the nostrils.
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.