Health Tip: Gestational Diabetes May Endanger Mother and Baby
Here are potential complications
(HealthDay News) -- Gestational diabetes occurs when blood sugar levels become abnormally high during pregnancy.
The Womenshealth.gov website says gestational diabetes increases the risk of these complications:
- Having a premature delivery.
- Developing preeclampsia, which causes high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Requiring a Cesarean delivery.
- Having a very large baby, which can make delivery difficult.
- Development in the baby of jaundice, breathing problems or low blood sugar.
- Probiotics Don't Prevent Childhood Asthma, Study Finds
December 11, 2013
- Heartening Drop in Diabetes Complications Seen Among Seniors
December 10, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.