Health Tip: Gestational Diabetes May Endanger Mother and Baby
Here are potential complications
(HealthDay News) -- Gestational diabetes occurs when blood sugar levels become abnormally high during pregnancy.
The Womenshealth.gov website says gestational diabetes increases the risk of these complications:
- Having a premature delivery.
- Developing preeclampsia, which causes high blood pressure during pregnancy.
- Requiring a Cesarean delivery.
- Having a very large baby, which can make delivery difficult.
- Development in the baby of jaundice, breathing problems or low blood sugar.
- Could More Coffee Lower Your Odds for Diabetes?
April 24, 2014
- Scientists Find New Way to Observe 'Good' Brown Fat
April 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.