Health Tip: When Your Child Has a Headache
Here's a list of possible causes
(HealthDay News) -- Children are thought to be no less prone than adults to dull or throbbing pains of the head.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these common triggers of headaches in children:
- Getting insufficient sleep, or rapidly changing the patterns of sleep.
- Missing meals or becoming dehydrated.
- Taking certain medications.
- Being under stress.
- Experiencing hormonal changes.
- Spending too much time in front of the TV or computer.
- Receiving a mild head injury or having an infection.
- Spending a long time riding in the car.
- Inhaling strong odors.
- Consuming caffeine.
- More Evidence Breast-Feeding Lowers Child's Risk of Infections, Allergies
September 02, 2014
- Family Meals May Defuse Cyberbullying's Impact, Study Says
September 01, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.