Health Tip: Undergoing Cardiac Rehab
What you may achieve
(HealthDay News) -- Cardiac rehabilitation can help strengthen the heart and improve overall health after a heart attack, angioplasty, coronary bypass, heart valve replacement or another heart problem.
The American College of Cardiology says goals of cardiac rehab include:
- Speeding and improving recovery.
- Lowering risk factors for heart disease, including diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Encouraging you to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Improving your overall health and quality of life.
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart
March 11, 2014
- Secondhand Smoke in Childhood Thickens Arteries
March 05, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.