Health Tip: Undergoing Cardiac Rehab
What you may achieve
(HealthDay News) -- Cardiac rehabilitation can help strengthen the heart and improve overall health after a heart attack, angioplasty, coronary bypass, heart valve replacement or another heart problem.
The American College of Cardiology says goals of cardiac rehab include:
- Speeding and improving recovery.
- Lowering risk factors for heart disease, including diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Encouraging you to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Improving your overall health and quality of life.
- Athletic Trainers' Group Advises Heart Tests for Young Athletes
October 17, 2014
- If You Do Gain Weight, Polyunsaturated Fats May Prevent Some Damage
October 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.