Health Tip: Taking Exercise to the Extreme
Signs that you may be a compulsive exerciser
(HealthDay News) -- There's nothing wrong with practicing healthy behaviors in moderation, and exercise is no exception. But you can overdo it.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these warning signs of being a compulsive exerciser:
- Refusing to skip a workout even when tired, injured or sick.
- Exercising out of obligation, rather than enjoyment.
- Doubling the length of a workout after missing one.
- Obsessing over weight and burning calories, along with weight loss.
- Increasing exercise to make up for eating more.
- Prioritizing exercise above seeing friends and family, and participating in social activities.
- Allowing intensity and frequency of exercise to affect self-esteem.
- Being unable to find satisfaction in physical accomplishments.
- Evening East-West NFL Matchups Put One Team at Disadvantage: Study
December 06, 2013
- Less Physical Activity, More TV for Today's Moms, Study Finds
December 04, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.