Health Tip: Taking Exercise to the Extreme
Signs that you may be a compulsive exerciser
(HealthDay News) -- There's nothing wrong with practicing healthy behaviors in moderation, and exercise is no exception. But you can overdo it.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these warning signs of being a compulsive exerciser:
- Refusing to skip a workout even when tired, injured or sick.
- Exercising out of obligation, rather than enjoyment.
- Doubling the length of a workout after missing one.
- Obsessing over weight and burning calories, along with weight loss.
- Increasing exercise to make up for eating more.
- Prioritizing exercise above seeing friends and family, and participating in social activities.
- Allowing intensity and frequency of exercise to affect self-esteem.
- Being unable to find satisfaction in physical accomplishments.
- Exercise, Diet May Be Key to Beating a Common Irregular Heartbeat
December 12, 2014
- Health Tip: Get Active This Winter!
December 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.