Health Tip: Store Medications Safely
Follow these guidelines
(HealthDay News) -- Storing medications properly can help preserve them and help keep them from getting into the wrong hands.
The Cleveland Clinic offers these medication-storage recommendations:
- Follow storage instructions on the medication. Unless otherwise specified, keep them in a cool, dark and dry place.
- Avoid leaving medications in your car, bathroom or near any source of water or dampness.
- Refrigerate medications only if it says to do so on the label.
- Make sure all medications are stored safely out of a child's reach.
- If using a pill organizer, make sure all medications are easily identified.
- Keep medications in original containers with lids tightly closed; dispose of medications that are expired or those you no longer need.
- Steer Clear of Cold Meds for Babies, FDA Advises
November 26, 2014
- Could Popular Heartburn Drugs Upset Your 'Good' Gut Bugs?
November 25, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.