Health Tip: When Exercise Causes Hives
Here are possible symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- When some people exercise, they may break out in raised, itchy bumps and have other allergy symptoms during or just after activity. "Exercise-induced urticaria" is the medical term for this outbreak of hives.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says warning signs of the condition may include:
- Itchy, bumpy skin that becomes flushed or red.
- A feeling of choking or having difficulty breathing.
- Stomach cramps.
- Swelling affecting the hands, face or tongue.
- Americans Still Making Unhealthy Choices: CDC
May 21, 2013
- Sports May Be OK With Defibrillator, Study Says
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.