Health Tip: Parenting a Child With ADHD
Hands-on advice for moms and dads
(HealthDay News) -- Parents of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can help their children succeed at home and at school.
The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health offers these suggestions:
- Keep your child's everyday items -- such as clothing, toys and backpack -- neatly organized.
- Create and maintain a consistent schedule each day for homework, meals, bedtime and other activities.
- Use organizers to keep homework in order. Encourage your child to write down all assignments, and to bring home all of the necessary books.
- Offer rewards and praise when your child behaves well.
- Communicate all rules consistently and clearly.
- Removing Tonsils Helps Kids With Sleep Apnea, Study Finds
May 21, 2013
- Latest Edition of Psychiatry's 'Bible' Launched Amid Controversy
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.