Health Tip: Parenting a Child With ADHD
Hands-on advice for moms and dads
(HealthDay News) -- Parents of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can help their children succeed at home and at school.
The U.S. National Institute of Mental Health offers these suggestions:
- Keep your child's everyday items -- such as clothing, toys and backpack -- neatly organized.
- Create and maintain a consistent schedule each day for homework, meals, bedtime and other activities.
- Use organizers to keep homework in order. Encourage your child to write down all assignments, and to bring home all of the necessary books.
- Offer rewards and praise when your child behaves well.
- Communicate all rules consistently and clearly.
- Psychiatric Ills Widespread Among U.S. Soldiers: Studies
March 03, 2014
- Are Kids Born to Older Dads at Risk for Mental Health Woes?
February 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.