Health Tip: Make Calorie-Sparing Substitutions
Swap fattening foods for lighter fare
(HealthDay News) -- You don't have to make big changes to your diet to see noticeable results.
The American Dietetic Association suggests these small ways to trim those calories:
- Sweeten your favorite coffee with some fat-free milk and a splash of sugar-free syrup.
- Pull the skin off poultry, and trim away fat on beef, pork and chicken.
- Indulge in a small dish of ice cream, but select low-calorie, slow-churned varieties instead of higher-fat choices.
- Skip the chips; instead snack on raw veggies with salsa or fat-free ranch dressing.
- More Evidence Breast-Feeding Lowers Child's Risk of Infections, Allergies
September 02, 2014
- Low-Carb Beats Low-Fat for Weight Loss, Heart Health: Study
September 01, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.