Health Tip: Feeling the Effects of Air Pollution
Here's how you may be affected
(HealthDay News) -- Pollutants in the air from vehicles, factories and machines can harm your health, especially if you're more sensitive to them.
The American Academy of Family Physicians says air pollution may cause:
- Eye, throat and lung irritation.
- Tightness in the chest, coughing or wheezing.
- Bronchitis or earaches, especially among children.
- Worsening symptoms of existing heart disease or lung disease.
- Worsening of breathing problems during exercise.
- Air Pollution Linked to Dry Eye Syndrome in Study
November 19, 2013
- Signs of Early Kidney Damage Found in Some 9/11 Responders
November 09, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.