Health Tip: Why Am I on Bed Rest?
Typical reasons for this restriction during pregnancy
(HealthDay News) -- Doctors frequently order bed rest during pregnancy to protect the mother's health and that of the developing baby.
The Nemours Foundation says pregnant women are typically ordered to rest in bed if they:
- Have bleeding or early contractions.
- Had complications during a prior pregnancy, or a medical history that increases the risk of complications.
- Have high blood pressure or show certain changes in the cervix.
- Have a multiple pregnancy.
- Had a prior miscarriage, premature birth or stillbirth.
- Have a fetus that doesn't appear to be developing normally.
- Rhymes Reveal Evidence of Learning in the Womb
July 25, 2014
- Health Tip: Watching Your Weight During Pregnancy
July 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.