Health Tip: Why Am I on Bed Rest?
Typical reasons for this restriction during pregnancy
(HealthDay News) -- Doctors frequently order bed rest during pregnancy to protect the mother's health and that of the developing baby.
The Nemours Foundation says pregnant women are typically ordered to rest in bed if they:
- Have bleeding or early contractions.
- Had complications during a prior pregnancy, or a medical history that increases the risk of complications.
- Have high blood pressure or show certain changes in the cervix.
- Have a multiple pregnancy.
- Had a prior miscarriage, premature birth or stillbirth.
- Have a fetus that doesn't appear to be developing normally.
- Fertility Treatments Aren't Significantly Linked to Birth Defects
October 22, 2014
- Experimental Infertility Treatment Seems Effective, Cheaper
October 21, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.