Health Tip: Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
Suggestions for a healthier mouth
(HealthDay News) -- Your diet can play a major role in the health of your teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association offers these dietary guidelines to help keep your mouth healthy:
- Avoid sodas and fruit drinks sweetened with sugar.
- Limit consumption of candies, cookies, pastries and other desserts with added sugar.
- Eat nutritious snacks that are lower in sugar.
- Brush at least twice daily and floss daily.
- Drink water often.
- Keep a food journal and review it for high-sugar foods. Compare your diet to the food pyramid recommendations.
- Health Tip: Get the Facts About Gum Disease
October 13, 2014
- Health Tip: Choosing Mouth-Healthy Foods
October 02, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.