Health Tip: Kids Should Eat Healthy, Too
What to order for them at restaurants
(HealthDay News) -- Parents who give their kids healthy meals at home aren't doing their children any favors by feeding them fatty restaurant fare.
The American Dietetic Association offers these dietary suggestions for kids at restaurants:
- Dine at places that offer balanced, healthy child-size meals and sides.
- Order milk for your child's drink, and fruit for dessert.
- Order dishes plain, and ask for sauces on the side.
- Choose apple slices, carrots or other healthy dishes in place of fries.
- Let your child choose between two or three healthy choices that you select.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of calcium by adding cheese to a sandwich, or ordering a side of yogurt.
- Want Kids to Eat Better? Get Them Cooking
November 27, 2014
- Spotting Hearing Problems in Infancy May Boost Reading Skills in Deaf Teens
November 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.