Health Tip: Clean Dentures Well
Suggestions for proper care
(HealthDay News) -- Dentures, just as with natural teeth, require care and regular cleaning to help maintain a healthy mouth.
The American Dental Association suggests how to care for dentures:
- Remember that dentures are fragile; hold them over something soft such as a folded towel while cleaning them.
- Thoroughly brush dentures daily using a denture brush or soft-bristled toothbrush to remove food particles and plaque.
- Clean dentures with a gentle hand soap or mild dish detergent, but never with bleach or an abrasive powdered cleaner.
- Store dentures in water or a dental cleansing solution in a safe place, out of reach of kids and pets.
- Health Tip: Promote Good Oral Health in Children
March 27, 2014
- Health Tip: Floss Your Child's Teeth
March 19, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.